The Public Journalism Club announces a vacancy for the position of Translator/ Editor. The incumbent will handle the overall editing responsibilities at the Public Journalism Club including quality control of the content in Armenian, English and Russian languages, as well as the authenticity and relevancy of the disseminated information, language and aesthetics. He/ she will be responsible for the high quality of content posted on social media, as well as assist the team in organizational and administrative activities.
- Oversee the content and quality of the project publications in Armenian, English and Russian languages;
- Proofread, copy-edit, perform developmental editing, line editing and editing for search engine optimization in Armenian and English languages;
- Translate press releases into the English language, as well as to the Russian language when necessary;
- Write or supervise the writing of press releases in Armenian and English languages;
- Cross check the facts, spellings, grammar and writing style of the textual content in Armenian and English languages;
- Get involved in the organization, coordination and promotion of events;
- Participate in promotional activities of the PJC projects;
- Take ownership of all corporate pages, social media pages and website content translation;
- Prepare monthly reports;
- Initiate or reply to correspondence related to the Media Center activities;
- Perform other editorial duties as necessary;
- Participate in promotion and organizational development planning;
- Participate in other work-related events;
- Act in line with the organization's code of conduct.
- Master's degree or an equivalent in Journalism, Linguistics or other relevant discipline;
- Proficiency in Armenian, English and Russian languages;
- At least 3 years of first-hand experience in NGO or media company;
- Strong writing and editing skills; ability to craft publication items that meet journalistic standards;
- Experience of working with donors, civil society and international organizations;
- Excellent command of office software; strong computer skills;
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic, deadline-driven, rapidly changing environment.
Բացման ամսաթիվ` 15/02/2016
Դիմումների ընդունման վերջնաժամկետը` 22/03/2016